30 days No masturbation challenge completed

Profile photo of Nelson Nelson (@Nelsondurden) 1 month ago

I’ve completed 30 days no masturbation challenge. Now I’m on my 33rd day. Thinking about continuing for 365 days. Share your thoughts. ,(Read master of my domain:365 days of no masturbation article in he)

October 15, 2017 at 7:23 pm
Profile photo of abmccull
abmccull (2) (@abmccull) 3 weeks, 4 days ago ago

It is an interesting concept to consider libido, sexual release, and how much sexuality affects other aspects of our life. Some people believe everything from concentration and willpower to athletic prowess and physical strength are affected by our state of sexual satiation or frustration. 

Everyone is different. I think some people find their sexuality and sexual urges to be a great distraction. Others find them to be a welcome and pleasurable addition to their life. Some people are able to channel energy they would spend sexually into other pursuits, whereas other people do not consider it worth denying themselves pleasure. 

I suppose I believe abstaining from masturbation or sexual contact, or even sexual thoughts, is neither a good or bad thing. I do, however, think it should be an active thing. I think it is very healthy for people to actively consider everything they engage in, including their sexual activity. By making a conscious choice whether to pursue that side of yourself or abstain from it, you shape your own future. And that is the goal for which we are seeking: to be satisfied with the direction our life is heading. The journey is what counts. 

[Hidden]
Profile photo of Nelson
Nelson (0) (@Nelsondurden) 2 weeks, 6 days ago ago

Thanks

[Hidden]
Profile photo of Nelson
Nelson (0) (@Nelsondurden) 2 weeks, 6 days ago ago

Thanks 

[Hidden]
Profile photo of Elljay
Elljay (1) (@ellajay86) 3 weeks, 4 days ago ago

Well, speaking as a person who went on an extended eight month masturbation fast – I will say this – the arousal spiral does not end – and the conscious pursuit of sexual pleasure vs. sexual release has been a fascinating and difficult mediative experience.

Sexual release was partly a drug and partly an outlet for my frustration – but I engaged in it in order to temporarily give myself a “good” feeling.

Reality was, I usually felt less powerful and more guilt-prone afterwards, as if that released energy was a coil that had been unsprung and now the coil was out and not quite sure how to get back into its rightful spiral, tension-shape.  

I would say the biggest take-away was not the self-control, it was the reconceptualization of what I understood to be my sexual domain. I ended up exploring facets of my desire that lead me to unconsciously seek expression beyond myself – in others.

This seeking helped me to uncover that coil within, understand its contours, and realize for the first time that it didnt need release, it only needed space and acceptance of the unknown to breathe.

My advice would be to take the situation as a given that the release is not necessary for the pleasure to exist. See where that takes you day by day and pretty soon your thoughts on the matter will start to coalesce into something coherent.

[Hidden]
Profile photo of St Emilion
St Emilion (2,991) (@manimal) 4 days, 1 hour ago ago

Well done. Good idea to continue for a year.

I remember the first time I completed the challenge, it was life-changing.

It’s very easy to get pulled back into the urge to release that tension. I think prolonged abstinence from sex and masturbation, or at least ejaculation, should be undergone at least once or twice a year by everyone.

[Hidden]
load more