5 day challenge – Not stressing about work

JC2618 (@JC2618) 3 months, 1 week ago

HI there! I’m on my 5-day journey of not stressing about work. This might sound ridiculous to others but hey, I just realized last week that with my starting salary, which already allows me to support myself financially, I don’t have to seriously stress and get overwhelmed by work.

Well, yes, I’m also aiming for a promotion but you know what, I know a lot of people who have claimed that they have reached their desired level in their company by just doing what they can, not stressing and with less complaining.

This is not a challenge where I want to improve in my job nor to follow the footsteps of someone who’s achieved a lot on their fields, I’m not really aiming at anything grand in my career,. This is a challenge to take care of my mental health and well-being.

I realized whether I do a good or ‘just ok’ job today, I’d still have my bi-monthly salary, I would still be able to buy food, pay my rent, watch a movie, afford internet and have enough left in my balance, good enough for me to last until or even days after my next salary. 

I just want to clear my mind of stuff about work, worries about my tasks, my awkward encounters with my workmates and bosses, or how useless I feel most of the time ’cause I keep on asking my workmates for help on my task. I just want to feel light, be able to think happy thoughts. 

Whether I’d complete or not a task today, it doesn’t matter, my supervisor would talk to me if something’s wrong, then I’ll try to do what I can but I won’t pressure myself. As long as they don’t fire me, I’m good (Hahaha!). I don’t need to have a high position in this company, I’m here to earn for a living and when the right time comes (and enough amount of money is saved), I’ll do my purpose and passion, I’ll achieve my goals. 

If I’d succeed in this challenge, I’ll carry it on for the next week and next week and next week until it comes naturally to me to not stress about work.

So, good luck to me!

If there’s anyone who would like to keep track of this challenge, I’ll share my updates everyday here in the comment/reply section.

Thanks for reading!

February 11, 2018 at 10:59 pm
load more