Hey i was wondering if someone has tips to start meditating daily. Is it better at night? When i wake up? How much time should i meditate to start with, I usually meditate for 15-20 minutes every once in a while.
Please help. THANKS!
Whats up man!
It is always recommended to meditate in the morning, but its always up to you. Just see how you’re feeling and/or meditate when you have the time.
Here are some tips that could be resourceful:
- always be mindful of your breathing, let it anchor you down and help calm the waters
- have some frequencies playing in the background (528Hz is a good one to start with but do your research into all of them)
- if you are a beginner, Guided Meditations on YouTube can be very helpful! Just try and use these at the start of your meditation journey to help boost you up the levels a bit :D
- watch YouTube videos of people teaching new meditation methods and how to improve your meditation. Actualized.org has great videos for this. Knowledge is key!
- thinking about ‘thoughtlessness’ can paradoxically help you be thoughtless… haha its kinda weird but you’ll see
- see if there are any tensions in your body and try and relax them. for example, somtimes one shoulder can be totally relaxed while the other is slightly tensed up.
- this is a funny one but i like to drink some water after i meditate. i dont really know why but it feels refreshing as hell
- observe your thoughts without any judgment!!
- try and losen your tongue. Just like how we tense up before we stand up, the tongue can also tense up like as if you were ready to talk. If you want to achieve complete calmness, this can help with that a little with that!
Hope this helps:)