Hi there everyone on High Existence! This is my first post, so I am brand new to it all. Any tips or advice will help me out! Anyways, the reason I’m writing this is because I am ready to turn my life around and be a better and happier person. I am a very shy person and I choose to avoid others to avoid an unwanted situation. I really want to become more open and honest with others. So basically this was just my introduction and I plan on being as active as I can on this website. But I’m confused on where I start. I feel like I’m becoming a new person and I’m very excited to start. Anything anybody can tell me about this website or discussions I should check out to help me out is more than appreciated! Thanks so much and I am thrilled to hopefully be apart of this terrific website!
1. Go on this site when you feel like talking about something or being stimulated.
2. Read The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo (short book, my personal favorite)
3. Start doing instead of thinking.
Good luck and welcome to HE Cole!
1. Meditate at least once a day, at least 10 minutes total, make it a habit.
2. Improve your health. Start working out if you aren’t already, and if there are any bad foods in your diet (there most likely is) get rid of them.
3. You mentioned that you’re shy. That’s a great place to start the change, just get out there and socialize. Talk to strangers, flirt with hotties, dance at the club, do spontaneous dumb shit, get rejected, etc. Defy that shyness, it’s just a habit, it will go away pretty soon if you consistently defy it.
4. Set up a great morning routine, it will make your days much better and more productive. Read this thread for some suggestions http://www.highexistence.com/topic/morning-routine/
5. Read this post: http://www.highexistence.com/topic/healthy-ideas-to-share/#post-56006
6. Take out the trash, that bad stuff that’s weighing your mind down. Start questioning your beliefs, your habits, the meaning and importance you attach to concepts and so on. Whatever you’re worrying about, let go of it. Whatever you’re overanalyzing, let go of it. Whatever you’re so concerned about, stop caring so much.
I used to be really shy myself till I actually paid attention to this statement “A brave person is not who has no fears, is one who doesn’t let his/her fears stop him/her.” I decided to be brave.
Do stuff that you’re afraid of. Random, unexpected situations are what make life enjoyable. What do you have to lose if you mess up in an unexpected situation? You don’t lose but you gain. and you know what’s the best part of it? that you will know who’s your real friends, cuz they wont laugh at you or make fun of you, instead, they will tell you where you made the mistake and make you better. If every one laughed at you, then you know you’re in the wrong crowd. Don’t eliminate them, just limit them. Find new friends and start over.
Don’t be afraid of failure, be afraid of not starting over.
May the Force be with you.