Apparently you can now buy this stuff on Amazon.
I am still trying to find some serious side-effect and long term damage reports, but I can find none. The stuff says “harmful if swallowed” but lists no doseage on the MSDS.
The body of the info (and my experiences):
The good: The stuff is very alcohol-like. It will make you liberated as does ethanol. It has no dizzying effects and no hang over. It does not form aldehydes in the body and thus is supposed to do less damage to the liver and brain. It takes lots less to drink and its much cheaper per dose than alcohol (Drink maximum 10 mL). Doesn’t seem to get out of control like alcohol (i.e 7 drinks you’re at your limit and 8 you’re blacked out).
The bad: The stuff is not miscible with water, and is thus imposisble to mix ith any drinks. It evaporates quickly so if you pour it on a room-temp drink or on a hot drink it will evaporate quickly and you’re going to waste it. It tastes like gasoline. Do not attempt to drink 10mL at once or you will choke on the fumes. Burps taste like gasoline. It makes you tired very quickly – after roughly 3hours you’re PROBABLY going to want to nap. You will urinate like you’ve never urinated before.
Good luck, give it a try. Please don’t eye-ball it. If you can’t measure it out in milliliters, don’t try it.