2014 GOALS

Mike (@mikedvs15) 7 years, 10 months ago

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.

-Bruce Lee

Yes it is that cliché time of year where people try to set new years resolution for change (i.e.) read more, give up chocolate, get in shape, eat healthy, travel, or turn their life around.

I always thought goals were stupid and pointless but recently I’ve come to my senses about goal setting by seeing how most successful people all set goals to achieve then do so. I have now decided to make a list of goals I plan to demolish during ’14. I will buy a weekly planner and set weekly monthly and yearly goals this year.

Without goals what are we really striving for, you can not just expect to sit on your ass and have Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones marathons and play C.O.D. for the beginning of this year and expect to get shit done.

What’s that major goal or[ five things you plan to accomplish ]for this new year coming up.
Be Realistic. Plan Goals that are not out of your limit but will challenge you to go beyond your limits.

Hang a huge Goal Poster in your room.

-for me 5 things are

1. Leave the country (US) ~ BALI/PERU/?
2. Read 24 books (2 per month)
3. Learn a song on bass
4. Bench press my own body weight (165)
5. Go outside my comfort zone

If you do not know what kind of goals you want to plan I suggest you try a 30 day challenge or do multiple ones for Jan. I’m doing a no Facebook month to start my year off(I’ve done it before but it seems to be a big distraction when I am trying to accomplish something)

30 Challenges for 30 Days

Action is the start to change – change is the only constant.

GET AFTER IT!

December 28, 2013 at 5:29 pm
Suereyya (164) (@drapetomania) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

I honestly don’t believe in New Year’s Resolutions but might as well jump on the bandwagon and try to get myself motivated to achieve those goals of mine.

1. Live a healthier Life – Smoke less, Drink less, Exercise more, Meditate, be
outdoors more often, maintain a healthy diet, etc.

2. Become more active and disciplined – I spend a lot of time sitting around just wasting time, thinking that it will never run out. Often I have awesome ideas about what I could do with my Life, but then get demotivated before even trying. I also want to change the way I am right now. I am way too cynic, pessimistic and if I believed in god I’d probably be going to hell for my dark humor. It’s even started to annoy myself since I’m now generally in a more negative mood.

3. Make more time for Friends and Family – Relationships are one of the most
valuable things in Life. My plan is to visit my friends in San Francisco then move on to South America (Chile and Venezuela) where I’m going to meet up with two girls I met during their student exchange in my region.

4. Follow my own path – despite my Relatives shaking their heads every time I tell them about my passions and beliefs

5. Take one Picture a Day for 365 Days in order to:
– Remember the good times (I got a really bad memory)
– Learn to appreciate the little things
– Notice details
– Get better at Photography

[Hidden]
KoMaCarpe (92) (@KoMaCarpe) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

dont wanne be the buzz-killer, but dont you think the problem is that your list might be too abstract? just saying…

[Hidden]
Suereyya (164) (@drapetomania) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

How so? Unless you’re being sarcastic, No I don’t think so.

[Hidden]
stryder (845) (@stryder) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

KoMaCarpe is right. When making to-do lists it’s always best to have clear objectives rather than just abstract aims. Instead of saying ‘I will do more of this….’ have a objective what you aim to do, otherwise its too easy for you to not commit to something as you have reasoned to yourself as it would something nice to do rather than strike a specific target. eg. instead of saying ‘I will lose weight’ try to clarify something like ‘I will lose 10lb over 2 months’ or whatever.

[Hidden]
Anonymous (175) (@) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

A good list. :)

[Hidden]
Frosty (45) (@iflipvans) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

I have a few goals that are running into next year…

1. Finish writing story
2. Quit smoking :D
3. Meditate more often
4. Learn reiki
5. Stay with my girlfriend

[Hidden]
Anonymous (30) (@) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

Sure, why not…

1. Exercise my fat ass for at least 30 minutes every day.
2. Write that damn book already.
3. Finish decorating my apartment and photograph it, submit photos to home decor websites.
4. Start a blog.
5. Quit eating junk food.
6. Meditate every day.
7. Sex every day.
8. Be excellent to each other.
9. Party on, dudes!

Oops, I went over the five thing limit. Cheers to 2014!

[Hidden]
TJ (57) (@Justus) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

1. Get my YouTube channels up and running!

2. Follow my dreams, don’t give in to other peoples’ wants for my life.

3. Get really really good at After Effects and Photoshop.

4. Learn more everything; science, astronomy, music, philosophy.

5. Spend more time outside.

6. (maybe) Become vegetarian. Maybe.

[Hidden]
Jonny (18) (@jonnyiscool) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

@justus I’m looking for an animator for a YouTube series, what area of after effects do you plan to specialize in?

[Hidden]
TheSkaFish (962)M (@theskafish) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

I’ve been trying to get the jump on the New Year by getting things done that should be done, but don’t require that much thought – by which I mean, cleaning. I’ve been throwing lots of stuff away that I don’t use or look at anymore, and donating a lot of old books to the library. I’ve managed to free up a lot of space with this already.

With that out of the way, my only real goal is to get to the bottom of whatever has stopped me from doing something with my life all these years.

1.) Start living better than what I’ve been settling for. Stop complaining, raging, and treating life problems like they are unsolvable and start realizing my potential. Really believe and talk about the things I want like I know I’ll get them instead of like I know I won’t. Leave this low-alignment lifestyle behind for good this time. Stop spending days, weeks, months, years in this depression by fixing all the things that are causing it. I’ve really had enough of this “life is hopeless” thing I’ve been doing…it’s time to start going for things that have been within my reach this whole time.

2.) Get diligent about my health. I had a plan earlier this year, but slacked off when I started feeling hopeless about some other areas of my life.

3.) Get a job, to get my folks off my back about it and so I have money to do stuff again. And once I have a job, know that even though it will suck, it doesn’t mean I should just give up on being something and become resigned to bs’ing at the bar. Also sell my car as soon as possible, I’ll put it under this cause it’s a money-related issue.

4.) Read more. I realize that I’ve read a ton of online articles this year, but very few actual books. As an aspiring writer and just someone who wants a more expansive mind, this is essential.

5.) Start having some more memorable experiences. Make the most of every fun thing I do. Feel more like I’ve actually lived at the end of each day – sort of like the best parts of being a kid combined with the best parts of being in my 20s. Take no days, family, and friends for granted.

Honorable Mention: Stop screwing up with girls that I actually like and actually really get somewhere with someone, that is, if there are any left. Idk how much of a goal that is since it’s partially out of my control. But yea, really turn things around in this category of my life.

[Hidden]

I actually did my own daily/weekly routine list which I will print on a kinda visa card and carry with me as a daily reminder. It goes something like this:

Every day:
– Morning meditation/prayer/relaxing
– Yoga: at least 6 san salutations
– Do the three asanas
– Work on my book for at least 30 minutes
– Exercise your cardio in some way

Every week:
– Falun Dafa
– Yoga Nidra
– And I’ll finish one hard challenge (for example reconnecting with an old friend whom I havent spoke to in esveral years, hit on strange beautiful girl etc)

On the backside of the Visa Card I’ve got my life philosophy written down and a powerful quote from Eric Thomas.

A tip to all of you goal achievers out there: Listen to as much motivational speakers as possible; Les Brown, Eric Thomas, John Demartini, Bob Proctor etc.

[Hidden]
Mike (208) (@mikedvs15) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

whats the quote?

[Hidden]

“Work on it every day! Even when you’re down and out! Even when you’re not fealing it, still do it!”

[Hidden]
sian (109) (@siantastic) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

1. Be more awesome.

[Hidden]
Alyne Spencer (5) (@Alyen) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

I haven’t really thought of my goals for this year, I mean I have an idea but I haven’t really sat and prioritized, because truth be told, if you have 10 goals you are much much less likely to succeed at implementing 2 of them than if you have 4… Because then you are much more focused.

I know that these goals are just for reference, for you to have something to strive for… But it certainly doesn’t hurt to actually reach those goals, does it?

I just think if you guys really want to be successful in reaching your goals you should make them SMART. I’m not sure if everyone is familiar with this concept but basically the goals should be:
Specific: rather than “become a sexy beast” have something like “lose x pounds and tone my legs”
Measurable: “become a sexy beast” is not measurable, you never really know when you have reached your goal whereas “losing x pounds” is…
Attainable: if you are really unfit, have a busy schedule, have a draining job, how realistic is it for you to “become a sexy beast”? It requires money and loads of time…
Relevant: make sure that you life will improve from… And that it’s something you really want, not someone else…
Time bound: this is probably the criteria that will make it more tangible and get you thinking of the action steps that you can take to actually make your goal a reality…

Sorry for this quite long post…
I thought it could be useful!

Thanks @mikedvs15 for having created this post! It’s good to share such things, we get to see concretely that we are not the only ones wanting to do what we inted to… It can be quite motivational… :)

Cheers!

[Hidden]
nOrthPeace (8) (@nOrthPeace) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

nOrthPeace 5 things:

1. Pause Cannabis for the first 3 months.
2. Meditate everyday 20 – 30 min.
3. Kundalini Yoga course, twice weekly
4. Get my Love Life in Balance
5. Become the Network Being I am

In short – Approach over Inhibition ; Actitivity over Passitivity.

JUST DO IT!

:-)

[Hidden]
Mike (208) (@mikedvs15) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

these are older articles from the FEEL GOOD lifestyle for ’12 and ’13 but are good ways to get shit done as well

http://www.thefeelgoodlifestyle.com/epic2013.html
http://www.thefeelgoodlifestyle.com/12-tips-to-make-2012-your-breakthrough-year.html

[Hidden]
Anonymous (175) (@) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

I don’t believe in New Year’s Resolutions.

But then I am essentially continuing goals I set in early this year.

New Year’s Resolutions are for dopes and children. I don’t get why some social construct designed to mark time, invented by the Romans, refined by the early modern Europeans, and using Roman/Germanic gods’ names for months, should signal the absolute in setting goals.

[Hidden]
Anonymous (30) (@) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

Uh, it doesn’t? But it is convenient. Nobody said it was absolute but you, just now. Other nice times for setting goals / reviewing existing ones include a solstice, equinox, new moon, your birthday, or whenever-the-fuck or never-ever you damn well please. :)

[Hidden]
inna (95) (@paintedbeings) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

Do stuff that makes you like yourself more, that never fails and is malleable for change and surprises. Setting strict goals feels too static (for me at least) like climbing into a plaster cast coffin of 2014.

[Hidden]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3MxMfzWfbE

Go watch this epic video and may inspiration flow through your veins!:)

[Hidden]
MonkeyZazu (1,865)M (@monkeyzazu) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

ET is pretty awesome. I use this video a lot for motivation when I’m working on my own personal goals:

[Hidden]
Anonymous (0) (@) 7 years, 10 months ago ago

1. not to feel lonely ever again.

[Hidden]

Dude, we’re all lonely from time to time. We’re all sad from time to time. We’re all frustrated from time to time. You’re not unique in feeling this emotion, thank god (who?).

[Hidden]
load more