30 days of random acts of kindness challenge

hulklol (@hulklol) 8 years, 9 months ago

So.. The other day I saw this beautiful video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wskG18saKk0

And I thought: “Oh, how nice, but this is something you should try to do everyday, not only on your birthday”

Also it is pretty hard to do so much random acts of kindness in a day, specially nowadays where everyone is busy.

So the challenge is easy, you must make at least 1 random act of kindness every day (it can be more, but at least one) and it also must be different from the ones you have done other days.

It is also important to do in a week at least 4 really different and random acts: Like giving free hugs for and hour, or to wash a randoms car, or something like that.

I started yesterday and I: Helped my sister in a psychology and washed all the dishes of my whole family the entire day.

So what random acts of kindness are you gonna do? Here is a list if you need some ideas: http://www.randomactsofkindness.org/kindness-ideas

February 18, 2013 at 12:07 pm
KevinSG (105) (@flyingrhino) 8 years, 9 months ago ago

I love this idea. I will try my best.

[Hidden]
Egarim (363)C (@egarim) 8 years, 9 months ago ago

@hulklol,

These acts become less random when you plan to do a certain number a week and have to challenge yourself and each other to do it.

If you see the opportunity for kindness, then do an act of kindness. This is what I and many people around me have been doing for a long time. It’s also more genuine when you learn to pick up on these moments and act on an instant with no planning of forethought. You aren’t helping people to reach your 4 acts per week, you’re helping people because it’s a good thing to do and you do it when the moment arises. It’s all natural.

[Hidden]
hulklol (352) (@hulklol) 8 years, 9 months ago ago

@egarim,

Yes, you are totally right, you should always be kind for no reason, and when you do an act of kindness you should do it.

Still, the challenge is for us to focus for a month on making acts of kindness (they might be planned, but they’re still random for persons to whom we make the acts), also not every day you make “Happy leaflets” and give them to people. I think after the 30 day challenge you will find yourself seeing more opportunities to be kind and being even kinder to more people and more often :)

[Hidden]
Egarim (363)C (@egarim) 8 years, 9 months ago ago

@hulklol,

Of course, I was just giving my two cents:)

[Hidden]

Day 2:

– I walked my home’s dog.
– I send a letter to one of my best best High School teacher showing my gratitude towards him.

[Hidden]

Day 3:
– Donate book to my local public library
– Helped raise money to buy school shoes for poor kids

[Hidden]

Day 4:

– Did volunteering at my local public library
– Send a letter to my New York exchange brother with who I haven’t spoken in a while.

[Hidden]
Patrick Gerace (0) (@oggy) 8 years, 2 months ago ago

Hey, High Existence! You want to promote “acts of kindness”? How wonderful of you! Why not start by taking down and denouncing your earlier conspiratorial post blaming President Obama for fingerprint collections? It’s ignorant, hypocritical and offensive… like SO many of your posts.

[Hidden]
Filip (2,818)M (@filipek) 8 years, 2 months ago ago

@oggy, It was a joke in case you did not get that.

Nobody is forcing you to stay mate, if you do not like the content, feel free to find your bliss somewhere else.

[Hidden]

YOU are forcing me to stay, “mate”. I find my bliss poking you jerks at High Existence who puke out self-congratulatory crap about how spiritually evolved they are. You post an accusatory anti-Obama message to your sheeple, and when someone calls you on it, it’s “a joke”. That’s the same bullshit approach as Fox News – say the most outrageous hateful crap and when someone calls you on it, blame the viewer for not being aware enough to ‘get it”.

[Hidden]
hello247 (6) (@8a5k) 8 years, 2 months ago ago

@oggy, that man has nothing good heading towards him, as far as karma is concerned. if u are still rooting for his well being in any possible way or for the ideas and acts he’s presenting then do us all a random act of kindness and smash your keyboard to never type again, thank you.

[Hidden]

“do us all a random act….” ? yours is the bellowing of just another arrogant, self~righteous sheep who purports to speak for the masses. I shall continue voicing my opinion, as you will yours, without my smashing anything, thank you.

[Hidden]
Viewing 11 reply threads
load more