38 Mid life crisis….sort of….ha ha

Winningedge (@winner) 8 years, 9 months ago

I’m basically just trying to figure out what my next move is in my life. I’m 38 yr old guy in Canada. I had some success in business over the last decade, but last year all that has sort of come to a grinding halt. For the first time in 13 yrs I basically have no income. I’m trying to start a new business again just don’t know what to get into. Funny thing is I’m actually been shown ”what NOT to do”. This is very weird but I’ll get shown in dreams at night ”which of my ideas not to do”. (no joke) The amazing thing about that is I know for a fact it’s God talking to me. (as odd as that might sound)…But just the idea that he’s actually showing me very clearly what “not to do” is so utterly amazing, just to think that he’s actually watching what I’m doing and guiding me. So I find that exciting. The challenge is I’m sort of left not fully knowing which of my ideas I should do. The ideas I am working on I also seem to run into a tiny bit of resistance. But no dreams telling me I can’t do those. So I’m working on a few small projects. I’m setting up a social network and also an online mall like Fiverr. Not ground breaking ideas really, but just something to do for now. So maybe one of those will pan out. But it’s just very frustrating in the mean time as I have bills to pay and I’d like to get something working asap. Also if I could start something that sort of feels like as if I’ve found my new calling in life. I feel like my old ship (my old business) got blown out of the water, now I’m left helpless floating at sea on a raft. it kinda bites. Anyway, any suggestions anyone could offer would be appreciated. Thanks.

February 19, 2013 at 6:54 am
Anonymous (364) (@) 8 years, 9 months ago ago

@winner, What was the final thing that sank your ship?

[Hidden]
Winningedge (2) (@winner) 8 years, 9 months ago ago

That’s a long story. G=v bureaucrats basically. Rule of thumb, starting a business is now considered a illegal in the US and Cdn. Best never to tell anyone your doing a business. There’s a huge attack on small biz going on. it’s just disgusting.

[Hidden]

@winner, Well now you know that, and you know why they did it, could you set yourself up as a consultant and help others to succeed where you got screwed over?

[Hidden]

No it’s too unique of a niche market to do anything like that. What I realized after that ordeal is this. Never go into business. If you want to do a favor for a friend, family member, or aquaintence and if they pay you for it. That’s no big deal. your just doing someone a favor. That doesn’t mean your “in business”. So that’s how you have to conduct it. If anyone ever asks, officially “your not in business”, but you have been know to do favors for others in whatever industry you happen to do. So never get a business license, never get a corporation. Don’t have anything on your business card but your name, number and email. that’s how you can exploit sort of a legal loophole to allow you to still make a living without announcing your status officially to the world. Anyway, ya big bro is not your friend. There’s pretty much a war going on against small biz owners. A massive move to extort them for as much as the system can get away with. The rules of the game have changed it would seem.

[Hidden]

@winner, of course it’s a niche market, thats where you can earn the big money. If you try to sell to everybody you may as well sell to nobody.

Anyway, have you thought about setting up a business overseas? Having the registered address in a ‘tax’ haven and playing by their rules instead of your own countries.

[Hidden]

No way, that’s a MASSIVE red flag. If you have an offshore acct. If possible you just say you’re not in business at all. And don’t open a biz account. Get paid in your own name as all your doing is the odd favor for friends anyway. That’s the best approach. Robert Allen talks about this in his book Multiple Streams of Income. I wish I would have paid more attention to his warnings about keeping a low profile.

[Hidden]

@winner, Oh look, now I have to go and look for the book on amazon and buy it. (HAHA) Thank you for the input.

[Hidden]

I’m really looking for some more feedback?

[Hidden]
Alex (345) (@staylucky) 8 years, 9 months ago ago

Gather some clams and go hike the Appalachian trail for a year.

[Hidden]

I already took almost 3 yrs off now. I can’t anymore I got to get a business going again asap.

[Hidden]
thedudeabides (15) (@thedudeabides) 8 years, 9 months ago ago

sell dope. you’ve disagreed with all the other suggestions so go underground and help the masses pawning their shit stay high

[Hidden]

I’d end up smoking it all ha ha

[Hidden]
Stoney Baloney (614) (@adamm0ss) 8 years, 9 months ago ago

I think your dreams telling you “what not to do” are just occurring because maybe you have doubts about your business ideas when you are awake. I don’t think anyone is ‘telling you’ what not to do, other than yourself. Don’t cop out and say “well I wanted to do that, but God said not to in my dream.” Figure out what you want to do and do it. Ready, go. Start. Now.

[Hidden]

No I think he honestly was telling me ….”try something else”. I honestly do!

[Hidden]
Stoney Baloney (614) (@adamm0ss) 8 years, 9 months ago ago

@winner, Well thats just my opinion, I’m not claiming truth to it.

[Hidden]
Viewing 14 reply threads
load more