49 lessons for a better 2014 !

Marius Lazar (@sicazor)7 years, 4 months ago

Today is the first day of a new great year. Today is a new start, a new beginning, a new chapter in our life’s book or just a blank page that wait to be written. Either way, today is the day we look back on the path of our successes, we learn the lessons from our failures and set new goals for the journey that has just begun.

Now, I’m gonna share with you some of the lessons I learned and some of the insights I had along the way… Feel free to add yours!

1) In life you can have it all and still have nothing, but you also can have nothing and have it all. Appreciate what you have but train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.

2) Happiness is a way of living. There is no-one and nothing that can make you happy other than yourself. First come happiness, than come success, not the other way around.

3) Don’t make promises you can’t keep. You will lose your respect.

4) Do things that will leave a memory. Things that you will remember. Make a to-do list and start fulfill your desires. Don’t spend money on silly things. Raise money for unique and life-changing experiences. “Work and Travel” outside your country or maybe outside your continent. Things that can make you proud of yourself. Life doesn’t count in how many years you lived, but in how many experiences you had in those years.

5) Learn to focus on what’s important. Don’t let the noise in your life distract you. Prioritize and constantly remind yourself of what matters to you. Place a priority on having priorities.

6) The morning routine is important. Should be the time of the day when you charge your body with energy and your mind with a positive attitude. Don’t forget to eat your breakfast. It’s more important than you think.

7) You are the sum of your habits. If you want to end up a loser, keep your negative habits in your life, but if you want to be a successful person, build some positive ones. Make a habit of having good habits. It’s said that it takes up to 21 days to implement a new one, but let’s make it 30 to be sure.

8) Change is life way of making things interesting. Don’t try to oppose it. Accept the good or bad in your life and just go with the flow. Whatever happens is the right way. You have to believe that what happen is for your own good. Every experience is the way of life to teach you a lesson. Good or bad, doesn’t matter. Take it. Understand it. And never repeat that mistake again.

9) Be grateful for what you have. If you have a roof over your head, a bed to sleep in, warm water and internet connection than you are richer than 70% of the planet. If you also have a family and some friends you are kinda very lucky person. Listen to “A Good Day” with Brother David Steindl-Rast on YouTube from time to time. It’s wonderful.

10) Self-education is much more important than formal education you get in school. Learn on your own. This will help you a lot. Don’t study only what you get homework from school, but study what you really want. What is interesting for you.

11) Karma works. You get what you give. The paradox of life: the more you give, the more you get. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

12) The fact that you keep track of your progress will get you to the end. Buy an agenda and start planning your day.

13) No pain, no gain. Work hard whatever you do. Be the first in and last to leave at your job. You will get the respect you deserve.

14) Give more than you are asked for.

15) To laugh often and much. Also laugh at yourself, this will make your life easier when you fuck things up.

16) Watching TV for no reasons is a total waste of time. The same thing apply to looking around the web with no real purpose.

17) Listen to your barber: keep your head up.

18) To keep going when your body and brain tell you to stop is the difference that makes the difference.

19) Doing what others say you can’t is rewarding and satisfying.

20) The old saying “I will do it tomorrow” never works. Stop procrastinating because tomorrow never comes. Stop making excuses and start doing what needs to be done.

21) Embrace the small and simple things. These will bring joy in your life.

22) There is nothing wrong with wanting to be alone from time to time. Meditation and introspection are good for you.

23) Nothing good comes over night, except the sex. It’s going to take time to get good at what you do. Perseverance and patience make a great team.

24) Don’t mix up the drinks if the next day is important for you.

25) The fact that real man don’t cry is a bullshit. Tears are a blessing and also a purification of the soul.

26) If you are scared of doing something, doing it is the best thing you can do. Fear is just the way of our mind to keep us in the comfort zone. As long as you get out of it, you will gain new experiences and a whole new perspective over the world.

27) A smart person learn from his/her mistake. A genius learn from others mistakes.

28) Always look for the full half of the glass, always look for the bright side because positive attitude is like windshield wipers, they don’t stop the rain, but help you to keep going.

29) You are what you do, not what you say. Actions always speak louder than words.

30) Never judge because you never know the full story. Everyone is unique in their own way. Everyone has beauty just not everyone can see it.

31) Remove negative people from your life. Your entourage is very important for you. Tell me your top 10 closest friends and I will tell you the kind of person you are.

32) Stop comparing yourself to others. Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

33) Real friends are those who call you to ask “How are you?” and really mean it. Real friends are the ones who come when everybody else leave.

34) Better a short life doing what you like than a long one doing what you don’t like. You only have one life, but if you live it right, once is enough.

35) Either you do or you don’t. There is no middle place for trying.

36) Sometimes you have to re-write your limits so you can fit into them.

37) Think twice before you give any advice. We tend to tell people to go on the safe way because we don’t want to be responsible if they screw things up. But when you tell someone to play it safe, maybe it seems that nobody loses, but truly, nobody wins.

38) Poker lesson: if you never bet, you will never win.

39) If she turns you down, stop being this retarded loser believing that you are not good enough. She is the one who lose because she didn’t want to know the real you. There are plenty women out there. Move on! Also keep in mind that rejection is better than regret.

40) There is nothing perfect in this world. Perfection consist in accepting imperfections.

41) Be more suspicious. Don’t believe everything you are told. Don’t accept every idea without having a little doubt. Don’t be easy to convince. Starting from the primary school you’ve been lied to. You were told that if you worked hard enough, that if you put enough hours in and got good enough grades than you will have a great job, a great family, a house and a beautiful car. Than you will have a successful life and than, you will be happy. Something stinks here, don’t you think?

42) Integrity and honesty are rare these days. Appreciate the people who still have them.

43) Have your own opinion about every subject. Have a point of view. Either you make yourself heard or you let yourself to be trampled on.

44) Define your values and live by them.

45) No expectations, no disappointments. Accept things as they are because everything in life has a reason. Sometimes you can see it, sometimes you don’t.

46) It’s better to regret something you did than regret what you didn’t do. But is even better to regret nothing and do what you really feel like doing.

47) There is a song to remedy every situation on the planet.

48) Learn the rules so you can break them.

49) Tell your family and friends how much you love them, how much you appreciate them and how much you care about them. Spent quality time with them because these will be the times you will remember.

Happy new year!

January 1, 2014 at 2:53 pm
Z.Dude (176) (@Z.Dude) 7 years, 4 months ago ago

I love you, and all of you, maybe less tomorow, and surrelly more that yesterday, thx to high existence to make me existe…higher
peace and glowstickers, mouha <3

[Hidden]
tkim (24) (@socoamarettotk) 7 years, 4 months ago ago

Thank you for sharing this. Many times I read lists like these and find them jaded, because I cannot truly appreciate them until I have experienced them first hand. In 2013, most of what you listed I have seen. Here are a few I want to add that impacted me the most:
1. Challenge your comfort zone (and your preconceived assumptions) and try new things, it’ll drastically improve your life.
2. Time heals.
3. Meditation is one of the most accessible and powerful tools to learn about yourself and your surroundings.
4. Produce more than you consume.
5. Smile! It makes you happier, literally.
6. Take a moment every day to appreciate something. It can be anything, big or small. It will make you realize how lucky you are.
7. No one is truly “too busy”, it’s all about priorities.
8. Constantly remind yourself to stay present, in the Now. Try not to think about the past/future too much, usually it doesn’t do you any good.
9. Be the most evolved version of yourself that you can be (ex: exercise, eat healthy, pursue learning, etc.).
10. Fewer relationships = deeper relationships.

[Hidden]
Josh (213) (@reinvented2012) 7 years, 4 months ago ago

Thanks for sharing.
I want to add…
– Do all things with love
– Dont judge others
– Nothing is right or wrong, thinking makes it so
– Always be creating who you truly are

Peace, Love and Happniess

[Hidden]
Codi Betts (5) (@codi) 7 years, 4 months ago ago

Thanks for posting this Marius. I have a lot of overlap on a few of these as well.

[Hidden]
Anonymous (57) (@) 7 years, 4 months ago ago

Nice list man, added quite a few in altered forms to my own super-ego. Thank you. :-)

[Hidden]
Brittany (20) (@bmhenson) 7 years, 4 months ago ago

Thank you for this.

[Hidden]
jaylen vella (2) (@JaylenV) 7 years, 4 months ago ago

this is excellent.

[Hidden]
DoThatThing4 (21) (@thatguy46and2) 7 years, 4 months ago ago

13) No pain, no gain. Work hard whatever you do. Be the first in and last to leave at your job. You will get the respect you deserve.
BULL SHIT! Work smart. Shmucks work hard.

[Hidden]
Marius Lazar (159) (@sicazor) 7 years, 4 months ago ago

Work hard doesn’t mean your work is stupid. Doesn’t mean work a lot and the wrong way. It also mean to work smart. Work hard and smart if you want. I mean do not settle for less than you can have, to be passionate about everything you do and don’t give up quickly.

When I have to solve a problem, I’m almost always the only one who stay focused till I solve it. I always find myself overcoming my limits and find the solution after 10 min after all my team had gone to sleep.

Also, work hard to develop your skills. You can’t work smart to be a good musician, a good painter, a good programmer or good at everything else you want.

This kind of “work hard” I wanted to mean.

[Hidden]
Marius Lazar (159) (@sicazor) 7 years, 3 months ago ago

Work hard doesn’t mean your work is stupid. Doesn’t mean work a lot and the wrong way. It also mean to work smart. Work hard and smart if you want. I mean do not settle for less than you can have, to be passionate about everything you do and don’t give up quickly.

When I have to solve a problem, I’m almost always the only one who stay focused till I solve it. I always find myself overcoming my limits and find the solution after 10 min after all my team had gone to sleep.

Also, work hard to develop your skills. You can’t work smart to be a good musician, a good painter, a good programmer or good at everything else you want.

This kind of “work hard” I wanted to mean.

[Hidden]
DoThatThing4 (21) (@thatguy46and2) 7 years, 3 months ago ago

I see what you mean. Being a driven individual is hard work, but it’s also inspiring to see driven individuals.

[Hidden]
Fabbness (6) (@Fabbness) 7 years, 3 months ago ago

Thank you Thank you
This was the eye opener I needed at the moment.
I can get caught up in so many unimportant things I get lost and feel no purpose.
Now I can get back onto the right path.

[Hidden]
cesar (4) (@cesarmeed) 7 years, 3 months ago ago

nice post!

[Hidden]
adambadaymn (7) (@adambadaymn) 7 years, 3 months ago ago

Bravo. Loved. Will come back and read again soon.

[Hidden]
yarazet (45) (@yarazet) 7 years, 3 months ago ago

You have no idea how much this just helped me =,) thank you for sharing.

[Hidden]
Jared.L (3) (@Jared.L) 4 years, 7 months ago ago

Interesting info…it can be applied to any year…

[Hidden]
load more