5-HTP?

aidan (@akira808) 7 years, 3 months ago

I don’t know anything about it. What does it do? how does it interact with your body> Does it help while coming down from any drug? Would it help with depression? Anxiety? I vaguely remember a good friend telling me to take it regularly (that and orange juice) when he was taking molly a lot.

I’m curious because i have a weight problem. I haven’t seen a doctor bout it because i don’t want to admit that i’m so weak-willed that i can’t eat enough to gain weight. It’s been bothering me for a while, and shit hits the fan when i trip. So i’ve decided imma change my lifestyle. But i’ve been anxious and depressed that i haven’t yet, and that i’m even in this spot. And i remembered 5-htp. All posts are welcome =)

August 19, 2014 at 11:47 am
mindbend (0) (@treez) 7 years, 3 months ago ago

Okay so 5-HTP is the precursor to the neurotransmitter 5HT (serotonin) in the body (80-90% is found in the gastrointestinal tract). The best way to increase your serotonin levels is to get sunlight, nothing is more effective. Having said that, 5HTP is converted to 5HT only with the presence of vitamins and minerals that are obtained from a healthy diet rich in raw vegetables. You cannot take 5HTP while eating unnatural foods and expect results . Orange juice contains high levels of vitamin C which is one of the factors necessary for serotonin conversion. MDMA releases large amounts of serotonin acting as a re-uptake inhibitor, which means that instead of the serotonin returning back to its original place, it is essentially allowed to flood and create those feelings of euphoria and ecstasy one feels while high on Molly. So the purpose of taking 5HTP in that instance would be to replenish the lost serotonin by providing the body with a new supply. However, it is not a good idea to mix the two. If you think that you have a problem with appetite, maybe you aren’t getting enough exercise, or drinking enough water? Smoking ganja always helps with hunger issues :)

[Hidden]
JonH (1,139)C (@IJesusChrist) 7 years, 3 months ago ago

5-HTP is not something for everyone.

Experimenting with it on and off, it has a dose-curve that can either sedate me (sleep aid) or cause extreme paranoia. It can cause me to feel good, or I can be quiet nauseated. The physiological and psychological effects can vary greatly depending on time you take it, how you’re feeling, etc. To be honest I don’t mess around with it much anymore.

I had a very stupid incident where I THOUGHT I was told to take 5-HTP DURING mdma. However, this is very wrong and I was on the verge of serotonin syndrome. You can take it AFTER you come down (at least 12 hours, most say 24 hours) to reset your serotonin levels – but don’t take it during, just FYI.

For weight gain, you might want to try 5-HTP, I would recommend melatonin as well, but most obviously is marijuana. Smoke some MJ and pig out man.

All that said if you want to just ‘gain weight’ it probably won’t happen. I tried that for years. I can eat 2,500 calories a day and lose weight. But, I’ve been gaining weight because I exercise a lot more now. This boosts my apetite and tells my body to actually digest the food I eat, not just pass it through my body.

[Hidden]
Jordan (37) (@greystash) 7 years, 3 months ago ago

I have 50mg – 150mg every night before sleep. Honestly have the most vivid and awesome dreams ever! plus I’ve been way happier since I’ve been taking it so it works well as a mood booster I guess. I also have a lot of Vitamin C and haven’t had any bad experiences with it at all, and have been taking both for around 3 months.

[Hidden]
Viewing 2 reply threads
load more