7-hydroxymitragynine – Kratom

ELizard (@heavydreamz)5 years, 8 months ago

Anyone who is familiar with kratom may have heard the news that an alkaloid found in the plant called 7-hydroxymitragynine was found to be 20 times more powerful than morphine with much less side effects and addiciton potential.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7-Hydroxymitragynine

This ‘miracle’ drug even hit the internet for sales as RC companies synthesized it, and online user reports find it to be a miracle drug as well. So where is the market for this chemical? Searching google today information is extremely limited. It makes sense that opiate companies would do everything they can to suppress this information. So this is an attempt to make the information a bit more known, lets create some demand and awareness. I want to buy the pure chemical! Kratom is a MIRACLE plant in my opinion, I would love to experiment with the pure drug as the raw plant has many additional active alkaloids and side effects. Experiences with the raw plant vary for this reason, but I have noticed certain experiences to be extremely psychedelic and mystical, on par with ecstasy, mushrooms, but this occurrence is so rare because nausea and sedation are commonly reached before this plauteu is achieved. I am excited to see what this plant has to offer. I hope this somehow stimulates collective interest as well, this could honestly change everything.

June 24, 2013 at 6:28 pm
Anonymous (2,833) (@) 5 years, 8 months ago ago

I love kratom, but… it makes me real, real dizzy if I take it in any extended period of time.

Like 3 times a week, and I feel like I’m hungover for 7 days straight. Not sick, but just dizzy. I would really like this to be explained to me.

“but I have noticed certain experiences to be extremely psychedelic and mystical, on par with ecstasy, mushrooms”

Never experienced anything like that.

[Hidden]
ELizard (229) (@heavydreamz) 5 years, 8 months ago ago

@ijesuschrist, Ive experienced the same, daily or frequent use will burden one with side effects. I believe this is because of severe dehydration, draining of adrenals, toxic buildup, etc. this is why I’m so excited about kratom isolates, with the right research future drugs could be developed based on the positive alkaloids. The plant itself demands respect. You’ll get bitch slapped if you don’t.

I’ve experienced extreme euphoric empathy in discussions that last an entire night with a parter with full body waves. Other occasions Kratom provided the most beautiful intense sexual experiences of my life! Feeling a partner with the whole being, an ecstatic experience similar to lsd or ketamine. Another occasion I’ve experienced full blown ego collapse and possible DMT release. One of the only times I’ve had a psychedelic experience that felt like aliens were telepathically communicating, third eye awakening, this was quite scary bc it followed the usual overdose nausea and I blacked out, when I woke up my ego was gone and I felt like a new person entirely, like my brain had purged like an ibogaine experience, all the while a telepathic message was being received saying ‘don’t worry, give zero fucks’. Felt eternally cleansed.

This plant deserves respect and attention. Anyone else have profound experiences? I want to hear more stories.

[Hidden]

That’s really unheard of with Kratom, as far as I know – mystical / psychedelic experiences.

2 tid bits – extracts of kratom are available although they are basically just water extracts boiled down (so still many other chemicals in there as well).

I heard that mitragynine is very soluble in ethanol, so you might want to try an alchol extract. As with all extracts, be careful.

[Hidden]
Stealf (124) (@stealf) 5 years, 8 months ago ago

Although I never received any headaches, hangovers, or nausea from Kartom, it once made my whole body feel quite itchy and “bug under the skin” type feeling. That in itself scared me away from doing it, but that was an extremely large dose (around 10g of Meang Da). With that said, if you’re responsible with Kratom and take light to moderate doses, it can be quite a relaxing, social experience. Good stuff, and supposedly not too bad for you, but opiate type drugs such as Kratom always created a sense of fearfulness in me.

[Hidden]

@ijesuschrist, yes ive made extracts before, but i am interested in the synthesized drug bc it pure and isolated from the other actives which cause unwanted effects. i want to isolate the alkaloid that caused the amazing psychedelic sexual experiences, it might not be 7-hydroxy, but some of the alkaloids the plant produces are extremely powerful medicine. its more common that you get side effects with the raw plant alone. i need to find a damn chemist pal.

[Hidden]
josephm (772) (@josephm) 5 years, 8 months ago ago

@heavydreamz, i took a huge dose of it once, and puked later on that night, but it felt like an earthy roll. different strains of kratom have different physical/psychedelic properties im pretty sure.

[Hidden]

@heavydreamz, I’m a chemist and I’m your friend :)

Having said that – the stuff will not be easy to synthesize and the price would reflect that. LSD, psilocybin, dmt, and all those 2C-x and NBoMe compounds are very easy to make compared to this, heh.

Also I don’t think they have really narrowed down the effects to each compound of kratom. They are certain that 7-OHMitragynine is responsible for most effects, but there is still some left to be uncovered.

As a chemist, it would be MUCH more cost effective to do a real serious extraction and purification of the stuff than a full synthesis.

Oh and also – the receptors in which these act on is very important to their activity. The 7-OH and 7-H mitragynine and the other compounds linked in the Wikipedia for 7-OH are all opiod receptors – no 5HT, no GABA.

So there are three explanations for your experience:
1. Kratom has a compound that is unknown, that for some reason is usually hidden in effect, but acts on the 5HT receptors
2. You didn’t take kratom (highly doubtful, right – you know your stuff)
3. YOU ARE ALREADY THERE DUDE

I’m voting #3. I can have profound experiences on alcohol, the slightest hit of weed, even the SMELL of some drugs can get me high. Like full blown shroom trip high (not for hours on end, but at least an hour).

I’m voting that by activating the memory of ‘tripping’ you have the capability of just going there – totally all out mystical experience, just from believing it.

Maybe I’m way off base but that’s what I get from this.

[Hidden]
Martijn Schirp (112,767)A (@martijn) 5 years, 8 months ago ago
[Hidden]

@martijn, you’re a god send

[Hidden]
Chelsea (0) (@KratomNaturals) 5 years, 8 months ago ago

@martijn, wow, never knew about that board…or this one. Stimulating conversation going on

[Hidden]

@stealf, Kratom can give you that itch, I don’t mind :) usually means its good quality, just be careful with dosage, and kratom isn’t for anyone, I know a lot of people who just don’t like it’s effect.

@josephm, I know what you mean by earthy roll, for me that feeling most closely relates to ketamine, that feeling like you cant move your body or head or you feel horrible, but if you are cozy in bed and perfectly still, it feels amazing and you can have profound visuals if you concentrate and go with the flow.

@ijesuschrist, I’ve had so many different experiences with the plant, I’m convinced that theres a good variety of actives, 7-oh being the most studied, I remember reading there are about 30 different actives. I think your a bit off base with your conclusions of my experiences but I know what your talking about.

@martijn, Awesome post, that’s what I like to see, different experiments with the plant. Looks like this was a successful full spectrum extraction while the majority of those on the market fail to contain the full power of the plant. I think with the proper funding intent and research this plant could revolutionize medicine.

@kratomnaturals, You found a good place.. Welcome kratom lover :)

[Hidden]

@heavydreamz, I just say it cause weed gives me CEVs now, and alcohol can make put me in a serious ‘mushroom’ like introspection.

The smell of brewing ayahuasca has gotten me high, and DMT is not volatile, so I was just smelling steam haha.

But could be. Kratom isn’t well studied, and hence its still legal… (unfortunately that’s how things are!)

[Hidden]
Jmadse21 (0) (@Joshmcarthurmadsen) 4 years ago ago

I would love to give this a go and try synthesizing 7-hydroxymitragynine but lack the lab experience, has anyone made headway on this idea?

[Hidden]
Ellie (1,360)M (@tangledupinplaid21) 4 years ago ago

I have tried this a fair amount of times, and I have tried morphine a fair amount of times, and I can confidently say that kratom is less strong than morphine, with more noticeable side effects. That is just my experience.

[Hidden]
load more