Inspiring list I think Ya’ll will truly enjoy….from http://www.adventuresauce.com/2012/01/be-alive/
1. Take 5 minutes in the morning to sit, breathe, and do nothing.
2. Run at least one mile a day for over 1000 days straight.
3. Drive the speed limit.
4. Make friends with other alive people.
5. Read David Deida’s book about finding your deepest purpose in life.
6. Go on a 30-day raw diet.
7. Stop watching the news.
8. Quit your job.
9. Talk to people you admire on Twitter.
10. Set TED as your homepage.
11. Stop watching TV and watch videos on Vimeo instead.
12. When you see an advertisement, ask yourself: What psychological buttons is this ad trying to push?
13. Throw away your belongings until you only have 57 things.
14. Run a marathon while training less than 26 miles.
15. Jump off a bridge
16. Ride a mountain bike
17. Go on a dangerous hike
18. Cross the Mexican border on foot and take buses with the people, despite everyone saying you will get your head cut off.
19. Dance badly
21. Make an art project that 100,000 people watch in a week
22. Start your own mastermind group
23. Host a traveler in your home
24. Stay in a local’s home when you travel.
25. Sleep under the stars
26. Talk to a kid that doesn’t speak your language
27. Say I love you to people you barely know
28. Make a time lapse video for 24 hours alone on your birthday
29. Wear only one pair of pants for 3 months.
30. Start your legacy project.
31. Spend your birthday alone and show your Mom & Dad how much you love them
32. Don’t kill mosquitos, brush them away.
33. Work with someone who is dying.
34. Spend the holidays alone.
35. Ride your bike through a foreign country without a map.
36. Quit your location independent business, because it didn’t provide value to the world.
37. Spend a week, alone, not talking, reading, or speaking.
38. Date five girls a week every week for a few months.
39. Quit Facebook for a week
40. Quit Facebook for a month
41. Unfriend a family member that gives you more stress than love.
42. Go skinny dipping in March with strangers
37 Other Ways To Be Alive (Or A Brief Introduction To The World-Changing Work Of 37 Alive People):
43. Give up alcohol for a year
44. Flirt with 100+ women in 2 weeks
45. Build a fail-proof business
46. Write your biography 40 years early
47. Learn Kanji in 2 Months
48. Get up at 4:30 am every morning
49. Bounce back from going bankrupt
50. Start an NGO
51. Experiment everyday
52. Question the gurus
53. Run a marathon with no training
54. Make the best banana beer float in the world
55. Tell the truth
56. Build a 6-figure business in 18 months doing what you love
57. Travel for 5 years
58. Trade your job for guts
59. World-school your kids
60. Become an overnight success in 279 days
61. Make art and money
62. Sleep on a hill
63. Sell all your stuff on Ebay
53. Build a passive income website
54. Be willing to die
55. Attract 1,000 true fans
56. Grab life by the balls and cause a ruckus
57. Walk across the USA
58. Kill the Internet at your home
59. Hitchhike around the world
60. Take the chance of a lifetime
61. Travel full-time
62. Make a time lapse video of your trip around the world
63. Go to Burning Man
64. Make 50 friends in a month
65. Grow your beard for a year as you walk across China
66. Build a 6,000 dollar yurt in the hills of Idaho
67. Be an inspiration to your home health aide, despite having a terminal illness.
68. Adopt a hitchhiker as your nephew
69. Walk around the world
70. Hitchhike through the Axis of Evil
71. Ride a horse from Mongolia to Hungary
72. Climb an 8,000 meter peak in the winter, barely live, and film it
73. Try the Paleo lifestyle
74. Find the beauty in Oregon
75. Watch Tokyo in slow-motion
76. Make the profane greeting cards ever
77. Sit in Union Square, New York City with 2 chairs, 1 table and a sign that says, “Creative Approaches To What You’ve Been Thinking About”
78. Get a little lovin’ as you travel
79. Smash a world record by Dragon Boating across the English Channel
I think even without reading this I would have done almost everything on this list before dying- no bridge jumping for me though. I am fair too afraid of heights, instead I will replace with with having slid down a waterfall. Which lead to getting cuts all over my butt.
41. Unfriend a family member that gives you more stress than love. Seriously? That’s gonna make you feel alive? Being a fucking pussy? Most of this shit is not even interesting enough. Although a few things made my guts tingle. Just a few.
Some of these were cool but for the most part, this list sucked really bad. “make 6 figures in a year”, “start your dream business” “buid a fail proof business”, “become an overnight success” yada yada. Really? Like we arent trying to do that, we would rather sit at dead end jobs but now since this list told me to do so, I better get on it.
“Spend your birthday alone” “spend holidays alone”. Why? Those loner ones dont even make any sense.
And also a lot of these could make you end up dead or hurt. Sorry for the honest opinion, but this list was made by a slightly insane person who doesnt have a good understanding of the real world.