Lately I have been struggling with finding out who I really am. I am almost 30 and I have been through quite a bit in my life. Nothing traumatizing or outrageous, but just enough to know that I have “lived.” At this point in my life I feel like I am struggling with a bit of an identity crisis. I can’t truly determine who I really am as a person. I have dreams, ambitions, desires, hopes, etc. but I still don’t know who I truly am as a person? I have two kids and I feel that I should truly discover myself before I become an effective parent and help my kids discover themselves. Does anyone have any tips or insight on the topic of “self-discovery” or how you truly discovered who you really were as a person?
You can try this steps from Inez Bracy
Use the steps below to begin your journey of self-discovery, turn yourself loose and burst out of your prison.
1. Ask and acknowledge your unique purpose – Ask yourself what do you truly desire to be / do / have? What do you feel compelled to do? Acknowledge yourself for your uniqueness. This will give you the courage to leap from your comfort zone.
2. Have the courage to be totally honest – What assumptions have you made about yourself and others? Self-acceptance and facing issues honestly give you the opportunity to uncover the truth and live life with integrity. Living in integrity will not allow you to short-change yourself by staying with the status quo.
3. Find a Buddy – Ask someone you trust to support you in your journey of self-discovery and tell them how they can help. When people understand how your personal growth benefits them and the world (because you are showing up authentically and on purpose), you will be supported in bursting out of your comfort zone to create the life of your dreams!
4. Embrace change – Dare to dream, take big steps forward. You don’t need to know everything before you proceed; and yes, there’s no such thing as a mistake when you’re bursting out of prison. Whatever appears is there for your greater good; a learning opportunity.
5. Celebrate – Choose something daily to celebrate. Rejoice in all that you are attracting and creating.
Imagine yourself bursting out of your prison, arms akimbo, jumping up and down, eyes wide open and a BIG grin on your face! You did it, you took the leap. Now look around and see yourself into your new future; the future created by you, just for you. Doesn’t that feel good!
Commit Today to do whatever it takes to turn yourself loose – throw away beliefs, attitudes and expectations that get in the way of your ability to create your best life NOW!