I’m doing molly for the first time at a rave. I’m 19 years old and a female who’s pretty small. I’m 115 lbs and 5’2. My friend said I should only do .15 grams of molly for my first time, is that enough? How long would it last and how intense would it be and how long does it take to hit you? How can I prevent a comedown or at least a really bad one? Should I take any vitamins supplements before, during or after? How long does a comedown last? A few hours? What should I eat the day of or what should I prevent eating/drinking? I’m super excited I just want to be well prepared.
Hey, first of all, I want to commend you on seeking advice. That is the most important step on having a safe journey with psychedelics.
Before I answer your questions, there is one thing I have to hammer down. Get your molly tested. Seriously. You need to know what you’re taking. You need to know what is in your body when something goes down. Most people don’t test it because they are afraid the resulting knowledge will prevent them from having the good time they pictured themselves. But this is false. Not testing invites risk that the dream becomes a horror story. So test it. It is cheap. It is easy. And if you find out it is something else, you can still opt to take it, but at least you can start informing yourself about the actual drug you are going to take.
Check erowid.org for more information.
1) .15 gram of molly is too much. Especially for your first time, and especially for someone who’s only 115 lbs. I would recommend starting with half of this, so 0.075 to begin with. This keeps the option open of retaking later, which is fine. (You can’t undo what you’ve already taken.) You can take half of the initial dose 3 hours after ingestion. So 0.0375.
2) It takes about 45 minutes to come up, and another 30 minutes to reach its peak. You can feel the initial effects 15 minutes in if you are sensitive and know what to look for. If you go with my recommended dose, it will be quite intense for you, but not too overwhelming.
3) Don’t take too much. More is not better. People take too much because they fear missing out. You won’t. Take it slow. Don’t dance the whole time. Don’t drink alcohol or consume other drugs. Drink water or juice like you normally would, not too much.
4) You will often feel an afterglow directly after MDMA. The comedown will be the days after. I would recommend taking some melatonin + 5 htp just before going to sleep. Nothing more.
5) Eat like you normally would. Don’t eat too heavy. But if you’re used to eating very little, consider adding some more substance, like avocados/protein.