Random crying? help please.

Clare (@mowgli1) 8 years, 10 months ago

Ok, I have this issue of just randomly crying. As a child I was severely bullied from about 2nd or 3rd grade up until 7th grade and then I switched schools and it stopped to a certain extent. Is it just my repressed feelings from my childhood, because i’m crying alot now. (I’m in 10th grade right now) Maybe it’s just growing up/hormones? Because I’ll have these depressive periods and then all of a sudden I’ll snap out of it and be happy and then after a while I feel it go down, back into the depressive periods, my parents want me to go to a therapist. But I’m not so sure, should i deal with it myself, how do i deal with it. It literally feels as if im going insane. I don’t know what’s real anymore. It’s as if I’m walking in a dream world. I’m sorry if it seems as if I’m venting but I do really need help from like-minded people. I just don’t want these ups and downs, I want to stop crying. Does anyone else have this issue? I want to know I’m not alone in this.

January 31, 2013 at 8:33 pm
Kayla (68) (@kayla147258) 8 years, 10 months ago ago

Chamomile tea helps with depression. Drink a cup every night before bed. Just make sure you’re not taking any other medications that would interfere with it. Also if you’re allergic to ragweed don’t drink it.

But it is very good for you and helps a lot of things. :) And it’s better than pharmaceutical medicines.


Anonymous (177) (@) 8 years, 10 months ago ago

@mowgli1, Clare, I don’t know. Talking to a therapist certainly shouldn’t hurt anything. If you don’t like her/him from the start, tell your parents you wish to go to someone else. Also, maybe a psychiatrist(I’ve seen two in my lifetime thus far) may be a place to start versus a licensed therapist who may be a Masters Degree. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who specialized in psychiatry. Or, look at the replies that you get here, there will be more coming, as to advice towards dealing with this naturally as the tea suggestion above, and some may show-up here who have had similar experiences. Hang in there and don’t give up hope. It is my wish that this will be temporary, and talk therapy may help get to the root of it? Peace, Love & Light ~ ricky

Adam Smith (113) (@adamsmith) 8 years, 10 months ago ago

@mowgli1, I love you. :)

Viev Please (4) (@dozmaster) 8 years, 10 months ago ago
Sarah Gill (5) (@nostalgicending) 8 years, 10 months ago ago

@mowgli1, I would suggest going to see a therapist or a psychiatrist. Whatever makes you feel comfortable. Yes, you might be hesitant. But I have dealt with severe depression for the longest time and I am not a fan of anti depressants and have always turned them down. But it is nice to figure out what is going on through your mind! I have had numerous that I didn’t like and had to go to a new therapist within the first session. If that is what you choose, don’t be put off by one psychiatrist or therapist because I find with depression or the such, some can get on your nerves really quick since they assume the worse of everything.
You don’t need to take meds, that is all up to you! There are natural ways that I have tried to cope with it. Exercise and meditation has definitely helped me a lot as a sort of natural remedy that gives some relief. But since this has been a prolonged issue, definitely go and check out a professional. And I think you situation, a psychiatrist might be better.
I was going through massive periods where I was crying at random bouts of time; it was when my depression was at its worst. Meditation really helped.
I really wish you all the best! I know it’s not easy! You are strong to have dealt with it for so long! :)

Viewing 4 reply threads
load more