Hey, this is my first post here.
I was wondering what your goals for the New Year are and how confident you are of achieving them. Maybe your resolutions will give others the idea to try it themselves and maybe we can help each other out.
Implement a life resolution, then at least at the end of each year you wont feel crap about the stuff you never did (or did in excess).
To finally turn my ideas into stories and art, instead of just ideas. (I like to draw and write :D)
I’m very confident in achieving this because I haven’t been completing my ideas lately, when I do, I will be much happier, occupied, and not bored ^_^.
I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately. Usually I don’t bother with New Years Resolutions, however this year I feel like I should. I think I want to do the general stuff like lose weight, get a higher paying job. However, the main three I have:
– Stop negative thought processes about myself
– Start singing to my own tune again. This year I have become very caught up in what I ‘should’ be doing based on other people’s expectations. I.e. I am 26, I need to look for a long term partner or I may be ‘left on the shelf’ in my 30’s. Now, I’m not entirely sure I even want to marriage and kids path, but I have been allowing myself to feel so much pressure. It also extends to other areas in my life, and I want to rid myself of these expectations I keep pressuring myself with.
– Stop letting fear control me (kind of ties in to the one above).
I personally am not too confident about achieving mine, because this is probably the lowest I have been in my life, and the most trapped I have ever felt. However, at least it will be a challenge!
What are yours?
1) Meditate twice a day. I’ve done this on and off for the last 6 years but I’d like to make it a regular habit again.
2) Practice yoga more often especially first thing in the morning.
3) Apply myself in my studies. Finally I’m doing something I love but I need to study hard for the next year.
4) Stop thinking negatively – then 3 will be much easier
5) Be grateful every day to be alive.
6) Live in the present moment more often as I’ve seen recently how great it is for my health.
Maybe I need to set some short term goals haha.
so goodbye to facebook until I come back to the States in four months.
Continue not smoking cigarettes (it’s been 30 days so far! :D)
Stop biting my fingernails. It’s stupid and looks and feels horrible but I’ve done it for so long unthinkingly.
Be more authentic so that I don’t have such a big guard to let down. Sometimes, by the time I realise someone was a good person I’ve kind of allowed them to slip away by not just relaxing properly around them. But the facade keeps the douchebags hanging around. Again, stupid. But because I meet no-one like me I worry that I would really have no-one sometimes. I really doubt anything about me would be a major dealbreaker, though. But a lot of my friends are people I have smoked up with and I’ve felt the alienation that came from that, and so have they, and that took me by suprise for sure! I didn’t think people really cared!
Umm…try and treat my body better too. More healthy cooking and exercise. I like swimming but I think I will start running more and do press ups/sit ups/pull ups etc. I’m thinking long term – I haven’t really got any goals except…better.
Going to turn one of my spare rooms into a study/studio/workshop so I have a designated space for creativity.
And I’m going to continue to break bad habits.
@misterkal, “Continue not smoking cigarettes (it’s been 30 days so far! :D)”
Nice job, keep it up!
As for me, I plan to:
-get up earlier, even on days off. having a cold right now is making this tough
-get the creative confidence i’ve been waiting for….to be secure in my self-knowledge that I want to use my life to create cool things.
Hello, my name is Kyle. This is my first post on HE. I have been following this site for the last year and this site has opened my mind to so many things about the world and the universe that it has pushed me to make some resolutions for 2013!
-I want to read more (read at least a chapter a day to start!)
-get back into school (I’m 24 but I have decided to take my ged and make plans for college!)
-learn to be more connected (to say yes when invited to a social event)
-to be conditioned (for health not appearance!)
-to be more productive (get up earlier, get projects done, and to manage my time)
That’s some of the many things I want to change. On a side note one more thing I would like to add is to contribute to the HE forum more!
Happy New Year!
@kjco, welcome Kyle! It really sounds like you are on the right path, I highly recommend this system
Take some alone time and sit down and read through this and write out your goals and philosophies.
Time to live up life! My list can be found through my blog, and have a great New Year everyone!
This year, I decided to foster a kid. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do, and it’s now time to do it. I’ve already applied for it and am waiting for the following steps. It’s not the traditional fostering though, but more like being godmother of a kid in Africa. Every month I’ll support the child education and healthcare, can also send presents tree times a year in a cargo container delivered by the non-governmental organization in charge of this project.
Love it :)
My new year’s resolution is:
– stay calm
– meditate more often
– excel in school
– be a good friend and no playing games with loved ones (no testing people’s love type of thing)
– do exactly what i want and not miss any opportunities
– laugh a lot
– take full advantage of my youth
– save money
My new years resolution is to stop buying coffee/drinks at coffee shops. I love coffee but I feel like I just buy it when I’m out, out of impulse and can make it at home pretty much the same. I don’t care about the money ill save or if it’ll be healthier for me or whatever,I’m just interested in seeing how long I can go without this impulse. I think I’ll make it to a month before I mess up,but hopefully longer.
-face one fear daily (or so)
-learn how to OBE
-past life regression therapy
-every single day follow my heart, no matter where it leads me.
-continue doing photography and increasing my skills
-follow through with plans.