– the sound of the trash being emptied on my Mac
– warm clothes out of the dryer
– the first song I listen to in the morning when my ears are still fresh
– blowing smoke rings
– pressing the ‘publish’ button after finishing an article
– the sound of the rain on a roof
– breaking the top of creme brulee with a spoon
– The smell of a burnt matchstick
– Late night talks/walks
– The sound of waves
– Thunder, Lightning and Rain
– When you step outside and take a first breath of fresh air
– Getting things done I’ve been putting off
– Talking to strangers
– Looking at the City Lights & Stars at Night
– Going to bed after a long day
– Laughing for no particular reason
– Allowing myself to be childish
– The smell and feeling of freshly washed clothes
– Untangling knots
– Letting sand run through my fingers
– Glowing waves and sand: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/03/pictures/120319-glowing-waves-ocean-blue-bioluminescent-plankton-science/
– Listening to a piece of Music the first time, then listening to it again and noticing a whole lot of things I hadn’t noticed before
– Standing in the Rain when it’s hot outside
– Waking up and not feeling tired anymore
– Wearing an XXL shirt and no pants when at home
– Witnessing the beginning of spring
– Meeting up with someone I haven’t seen for a long time and realizing that our thoughts are still completely in Sync
– Smoking… Even though I stopped a week ago
– Getting my clothes dirty and not caring about it
– The warmth of the Sun on my Skin
– Bubble wrap
– Overcoming fears
– Being challenged
– Wearing white
– Tuning my guitar
– Making someone genuinely smile
– The smell of the forest
– Going through boxes and discovering old stuff that means a lot to me
– Receiving and writing letters
– The sound of rain while in a tent
– Hearing someone breathe slowly and relax
– Start walking/biking with no clear destination in mind
– And most of all, the beauty of simplicity
I think it’s time for another post
– big, long hugs from people I like
– improvising (Those times when you had a plan, something went wrong and you’re
forced to spontaneously go a different way)
– seeing someone smile or laugh genuinely after they’ve had a rough time
– writing heartfelt letters to the ones I care about
– learning words for specific things that don’t exist in our language (e.g. “Mångata” is
swedish and describes the reflection of moonlight on water)
– watching the sunrise on a fresh morning after a long night out
– finding new songs to play on my guitar
– the first snow of the year
– The crisp cold fresh air a morning holds
– Listening to 1980-1995 electronic music with my coworkers
-Hearing/ seeing a loved one laugh genuinely
-Catching moths with my cat
-Feeling the purr in my cat fade as she falls asleep on my lap
-The delight in a stranger’s face when I respond to their sarcasm with sarcasm
Is it me or are you seeing the threads between these posts by strangers? The repetitiveness includes:
-rain on pavement/roof
-moments in nature
-kissing/loving another human being
-silence in the night…etc. etc.
This is the collective (un?)consciousness at play, this one soul source speaking a million tongues, so beautiful. I think I am in love with all of you for being on this journey with me, for making it count.
Wiping off nail polish…gives me an excuse for a new colour.
Lavish and lengthily breakfasts, the first sip of morning coffee.
Returning back home to Vancouver after months of absence, everything is so damn green and fuc*ing beautiful.
Rubbing my flattened belly, feeling weight loss, feeling light.
Taking my sweet ass time putting on make up, listening to YT playlist.
Daydreaming of my man, imagining him by my side everywhere I go.
Reading an old poem of mine and feeling like someone else wrote it.
The high walk on the way back from my workout.
Writing in my journal before bed, my nightcap being a poem that will outlive my flesh.