One of the last posts in HE is about feminism and how society sees women as inferior, bla, bla, bla!
I love this website, but I didn’t like this post! I think the idea was to promote feminism and show how women is still discriminated, but, in my opinion, it’s totally unbalanced and actually helps out a lot for some women getting even worse self-esteem than they already have!
So I’m making this post that we can point the ADVANTAGES women have over men… Which are lots! And there is no reason to feel inferior!
Of course if you get into the mechanical engineer university, as a woman you might be victim of some prejudice, but that is as much as a man suffers when he wants to be a nurse!
Here is the point: If you want as a woman (for some crazy reason!) get into “men” world, of course it will be a challenge… and if you are intelligent, I’m sure you’ll master it! I just prefer keeping myself in the fabulous women’s world, where everything is about making life enjoyable, fun and beautiful… and not about getting the nobel prize.
Here it is 10 reasons why being a woman is great:
1. A ship is sinking, who gets in the safety boat? “- Women and children first!”
2. You can wear whatever you want! You can cut your hair short and wear a jeans and everybody will think you are modern… Try a guy wearing a pink t-shirt and long hair: then everybody thinks he is homosexual.
3. Any time you want sex, you just need to announce it! There is always going to be some guy up for it! Not the same situation with guys.
4. Women by birth already have an important function in the society: procreation. Even if you don’t use it, it’s there! But men must find an importance in the society by certain age, otherwise he starts being pushed aside, or even eliminated (military service… wars…).
5. Women are beautiful! Even for other women… We are nice to be looked at! (Men magazine cover = woman; women magazine cover = woman)
6. Women are pleasant by nature! Entertainers, sociable and care takers. Not a surprise so many women like studying sociology, marketing, cinema, pedagogy, psychology…
7. The societies with biggest amount of women in the government are also the most developed societies, because things go better when women are in charge.
8. It’s much easier for women to be accepted by the society as homosexual than for men.
9. Women can dance, cry, scream of fear… and we are not judged for that! Men do the same and get lots of judgement.
10. Women can get multiple orgasms!
So, as we see, men don’t get easy as you thought! So from now on, please women, get rid of this low self-esteem and this wish of being like a man… enjoy being a woman! It’s a blessing and not a burden!
Very good points. Well, people like to complain a lot, so anything for their best interest to comfort them has its audience. I personally never found women attractive or gave my respects to them if they didn’t like themselves already. Same goes for men, though I can’t be attracted to men for some reason. Clearly, it’s just an ego boost. But what I see is that people are profoundly not fighting for the right things when they obviously divide each other.
True this is similar to what I commented on the actual blog post…
Men are objectified too. They are expected to be those superheros and all other masculine characteristics, and are looked down upon as much as women when they fail at their own genders expectations. I agree with much of this article but as a woman, acknowledge that men don’t got it as easy as we think they do.
I think the problem is gender expectations in general. Sure, those are all great things about being a woman that make some women be very happy, but not others. The women who find themselves wanting to succeed in the “mans world” find difficulty and discrimination. Or are there just less women leaders because less women even wanted to go for the job in the first place? The statistics about salary and other career-related inequalities could be a fallacy because women do not possess the same dog-eat-dog genes that men use to get on in that world. I think these things are blown out of proportion…all girly girls do not secretly wish they could dress manly and just dress up because society expects them to. I see plenty of women with jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers as their daily uniforms. Women who acknowledge and live out their lives in accordance with their masculine traits. I think we have all come far as far as being able to express and be who we are but progress can always be made.
@Pritti, Love this post!
11. Women can have multiples orgasms and can keep them coming! (No time outs needed.)
12. Women are (more) free to express themselves as emotional, physical and spiritual beings without society calling them weak or “pussies”.
Just for the heck of it…
1. Who made that rule? Men. Why? Because men are nice and value women.
2. Sure, in the undeveloped world. In a developed country this rarely happens. And a “man” who cares if others think those things is just pathetic.
Women who wear “ugly” clothes are judge just as much, if not more. And generally they’re also seen as homos.
3. It’s the same situation for both genders. There’s always someone willing to shag, if you just lower your standards. Which is, of course, not wise. Also, a man can fuck as much as he wants and never be called a slut.
4. Read up on biology… procreation requires men as much as women. Procreation requires SPERM, yknow. Women can’t make sperm. Though one man can easily impregnate many women.
Also, this society was created by men, and so were the buildings in it.
5. Indeed, very beautiful pleasant beings. But men are stronger, faster and more logical. What value does beauty hold other than making it easier to get picked first by the one who does the selection (the strongest and/or most mentally fit.) eh?
6. `Then explain to me why and how there are way more male entertainers than female ones. Explain to me why most protective care-taker roles are almost exclusively held by men? Explain to me why men are still the bread-winners in most cases.
And explain to me why most social circles revolve around a man.
7. Things go better when women are in charge? Sure, in some areas of life. Society-wise, not so much. The reason why there are more women in the governments of developed societies is because women are given more opportunities for such things here. By whom, I ask you.
Also, most of those women are very manly.
8. True. But how’s that a major thing?
9. Again, only in poorly developed countries. And who are the ones doing the judging anyway? The inferior guys, the haters, not the women. The guys doing the things you mentioned are the ones who get the most girls.
And I repeat, a “man” who cares about others judging him is just a pathetic weakling.
10. So can men, just takes a little training.
Though I really do agree with your main point, being a woman is probably much easier. That’s the thing, the easy way is always the less free way. Play harder and you get more privileges, men play harder and thus we get more privileges. Law of nature.
Another reason why, is that men take greater risks. And men are more disposable, the world doesn’t need a quantity of men, it only needs quality men. Because a single man is enough to go around for plenty of women, but not vice versa. Due to biology.
We’re all equal, it doesn’t fucking matter what society says. And of course society would lean more to the men’s favour, it’s only logical, because men created society.
Though, most of the things men create they tend to create FOR the women.
@manimal, I’m not gonna argue with you about your points on the advantage of being a man. I think all men know so well their advantages. I just wrote this post because unfortunately most women don’t seem to see their advantages as women!
I also think men are nice and great… In the Western world! :) But I would not change for a second my position of woman – this position that so many women can’t appreciate!
@manimal THANK-YOU so much!! I read the above posts and felt such a strong fire inside of me to reply but I knew I’d spend a few hours doing it. Bravo for your rebuttle. And a good one it was
One point, I wouldn’t say it’s easier being a woman. You cannot compare things like that, it depends on the situation. Regarding jobs, men still tend to be prefered because there is no risk of them leaning for 12 months to have a child. In the law industry 60 % of women study law but only 2% get senior positions in firms…I mean come on!! But on the same page there are ridiculous constraints on men to behave a certain way, I agree totally. Similarily some men work their asses of only to come hone to complaints that their not doing enough and theirs nit enough money etc but it’s not always the case
One thing you have to agree on is the power imbalance is ingrained in our daily lives. These structures have not been dismantled, that’s why feminists are so vocal. A clear example – Domestic violence and rape is ‘gendered’ violence. It is about superiority and dominance. Societies all over the world still have not shaken off that theory that women are second to men ( hello, story of Adam and eve). And until things like domestic violence etc happen less in society then feminists will be able to say, yes equality is on it’s way.
@prittii, Sorry I guess I’m the one out but most of those posts can be said the same of males and some are stupid. Not saying that women are inferior at all but I think theres more important points. We are equal. We’re like yin and yang you couldn’t have one without the other.
@sabas4, Good luck trying to be equal to men!
In Germany the vast majority of women want to have a career and don’t want children (or maximum one). The population is growing backwards, the government is so worried about the situation that keeps bringing in people from countries in war… This people beside creating violence and disagreement (they have different religious views) are still not covering the deficit.
Moral of the history: in a couple of years the public money won’t be enough to support the old population and Germany’s economy is going to break!
This is all about women’s low self-esteem. Nowadays it’s more important to be a lawyer than being a mother… to be the first created by God, than just being a God creation… It seems a bit of ego + arrogance… Let’s wait for the chaos caused by such feelings, then after we learn.
Hell yes, women have heaps of advantages that feminists so often omit, or even use those advantages as examples of prejudice in society. I have certain skills as a man but lack certain skills in their focus. I seek a partner who has strength in these areas that I lack, and I think all men are fundamentally the same in this respect, just that each their strengths and weaknesses vary.
The perfect match is when you both accomodate for each others weaknesses. I just think there are certain trait weaknesses that are more common in men and so it falls to women to fill that role, but that is not to say it is one sided, the man also has to adapt to the role she wants from him. But that I want a woman to serve a certain role in my life is not prejudice, it is simply because I am HETEROSEXUAL, otherwise I’d be seeking a man with those same qualities.
@prittii hi, how are you? I like The points you make.
I’m not sure what you mean by good like being equal. I’m just going to try my best and be the best I can be!! Lol
I totally agree there is a stigma on women to not be stay at home mums, at least in my country, and more are wanting to be professionals. This is where women have to look inside their hearts make the damn decision subjectively, honestly and without listening to other women!! And who says they can’t have a professional career and raise children!!
Holy sweet mother fucking jesus lord DAMN. This is ridiculous.
Women have advantages. Men have advantages. It all comes down to if you want to improve your disadvantages.
Men embracing their feminine qualities.
Women embracing their male qualities.
I am a woman. I am cute, sexy, beautiful, intelligent. I mean that confidently, not arrogantly. I am very good at multi-tasking. I am very empathetic, and can sense the emotions of others. I am caring, and loving, and know how to get what I want by how I act, and what I say.
These are all inherent female qualities I’ve built upon.
Now–I also am chain-saw certified, I can hike for miles and miles. I snowboard. Physically, I’m extremely capable. Not as capable as a man could be I’ll admit, but better off than a lot of so-called men too. I have endurance. I am not physically useless. I can build things, I have built bridges, dug trail, I am very familiar with manual labor. I think very logically when it is called for. I value intelligence, and learning; knowledge. I have a very defined leadership personality.
These are male qualities that I did not genetically inherit, though have LEARNED. Through observation of males, and a lot of hard work and dedication.
Now I can build a fence if I need to, I know how. I can also stand outside with some wood, nails, and a hammer, in a bikini and feign stupidity and have 5 men do it for me. I can choose.
That is using all advantages, even ones you weren’t born with. You can acquire them.
We all have brains. Our brains can be wired much the same. Maybe I lack testosterone, or some other chemicals, but ultimately, you can learn to be any way you want. You can learn to embrace the ‘advantages’ the opposite sex has on you. It’s not like being pretty and good looking and cute is off limits for men to get what they want. Because there are men who definitely employ that strategy too, and they learned it from women,
Learn from each other. Balance it within yourself. That is equality.
i would say i have to disagree with both 5 and 8.
5) have you seen Channing Tatum, Chase Crawford, Liam Hemsworth, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ryan Gosling (just to name a few)? i would say theyre all pretty nice to look at, and all of them have had magazine covers (GQ for example)
8) while society and the media puts more emphasis on male homosexual relationships, from a personal viewpoint, lesbians are viewed as disgusting scum of the earth by the majority of the kids at my school. mostly because they arent the hot lesbians that everyone pictures, but the male gays in my school are completely accepted by the majority of my school.
Naw, I just do what I want. Everyone should just do what they want. Or want to be doing what they’re doing. Having some justification for whatever at least.
That super cliche Dr. Seuss quote, but the truth in it–Mhmm.
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
@butidonteven, Jessica, you made some good points, but I’m still going to disagree. lol ;)
In number 5, you mentioned exceptions! Do you want me to write down a few women that were cover of GQ… I’m gonna fill up the whole page! What about the best selling issues? Last year (in the US version) was Milla Kunis and the all time best selling is Adriana Lima.
What about you telling me guys that were cover of Vogue, L’Officiel, Marie Claire, Playboy, Maxim and Sports Illustrated?
And what about telling me something pvt… Hope you don’t mind me asking: Do you like to watch a male masturbating? Because 99.9 % of heterosexual males enjoy watching a woman doing so! They even pay to see that!
Of course some guys are pretty nice to look at! I watched Smallville just because of Tom Welling! But you have to recognize, in general women are much more pleasant to look at!
About number 8… I also agree when people see some pretty lesbians, it’s all cute and sexy, but the ones that are male-like, everybody tend to look down… And the reason involves number 5 in them: They want to look like a man and it makes them look not so pleasant.
Buuuut… Actually, I never heard of lesbians suicide for discrimination… but gays… there are lots! Just search in google! The last one I heard was a boy from New Jersey.
@lytning91, Please, tell me about your experience with multiple orgasms! I never heard of a man capable of that… You are really special, lol…
I thought man key in sex is that you guys always have orgasm… many women can’t reach even one… sometimes their whole life!
Oh boy, please don’t be eager to do anything of the sort. I wish I could cancel out the influence those hearts give any post. Completely skews any real credibility because ANYONE could ‘love’ anything. Who knows if it’s someone who knows better or not?
Sorry, I know this is not what you wanted from me, I do thank you for the appreciation. It’s a good topic, but some of the posts here on this subject are just terrible contributions. And yet you can still deduce conclusions from their input, however repetitive it may be, so at least there’s that. Just additional evidence for the same case.